UNDP Thailand has released a new documentary which tells the story of Apiwat, a man living with HIV. It’s the extraordinary story of an ordinary man, who goes through difficult personal trials—lost love, learning to live with stigma and discrimination—and through a journey to hope, as a leader in Thailand’s HIV/AIDS community. The film also documents the successful partnership between UNDP and the Royal Thai Police, who have begun training as many as 10,000 junior cadets per year through a human-rights based curriculum designed to discourage stigma and discrimination among officers and change old attitudes about people living with HIV.
From Despair to Hope: A UNDP Film
NavigationGlobal Commission on HIV and the Law > Blog > Follow Up Stories > From Despair to Hope: A UNDP Film
- Why a cricketer calling out homophobia is a win for health
- ICJ call for submissions on the misuse of criminal law in the areas of sexuality, reproduction, drug use and HIV
- Гражданское общество и регион ВЕЦА: Сужение пространства или новые возможности?
- Родительские права женщин, употребляющих наркотики. Время действовать!
- Contribution – Enda Sante