22-26 April 2013, Malawi – Malawi held an HIV Law Retreat, convened by the Department of Nutrition, HIV & AIDS (the Office of the President), the Malawi Law Commission and UNDP, to review the Malawi Law Commission’s draft HIV Bill, 2008, in light of the recommendations made by the Global Commission on HIV and the Law and by the national Legal Environment Assessment. A Task Team was subsequently set up to integrate the wording of the proposed changes into the amended HIV Bill.
Malawi holds HIV Law Retreat
NavigationGlobal Commission on HIV and the Law > Blog > Africa Follow Up Activities > Malawi holds HIV Law Retreat
- Sofia Gruskin: We must follow California’s example and repeal archaic HIV laws
- Reviewing laws and policies for a more effective HIV response in Sierra Leone
- Making the SDGs work for key populations in Africa
- Addressing legal barriers to fast-track the HIV and TB response in Africa
- Evidence- and rights- based laws and policies are key to ending AIDS