12 March 2013, Johannesburg – The first meeting of the Africa Forum to follow up on the recommendations of the Global Commission on HIV and the Law was held at Johannesburg. Attended by 28 participants from 7 African countries, the participants represented regional civil society organisations (a regional MSM organisation, the regional sex workers’ organisation, the regional media organisation working against HIV, and a regional interfaith organisation), regional economic communities (ECOWAS, ECCAS, WAHO and EAC), UNDP and other regional UN bodies (UNFPA, UNODC and UNICEF). The meeting shared the recommendations from the Global Commission, discussed the regional and national situation on HIV and the law, and enjoined participants to share initiatives that they are undertaking as follow up to the Global Commission on HIV and the Law Report. Possible ways of collaboration were also shared at the meeting.
First meeting of the Africa Forum held to follow up on the recommendations of the Global Commission on HIV and the Law
NavigationGlobal Commission on HIV and the Law > Blog > Africa Follow Up Activities > First meeting of the Africa Forum held to follow up on the recommendations of the Global Commission on HIV and the Law
- ICJ call for submissions on the misuse of criminal law in the areas of sexuality, reproduction, drug use and HIV
- Гражданское общество и регион ВЕЦА: Сужение пространства или новые возможности?
- Родительские права женщин, употребляющих наркотики. Время действовать!
- Contribution – Enda Sante
- SC urges to formulate policy for social inclusion of transgender persons